Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Coming back!

Fall_0156_edited-1

Yes I did miss my blog, the research, the writing, but mostly the friendly rapport with all my friends that I followed. I also missed the comments from my viewers. 

Sometimes Life comes around to shake us up and we need to retreat; that  is what I did. Now I feel I am coming back to my real world.

I feel like a kid starting school; I am nervous and wondering if this is the right thing to do.  I find I need beauty in my life right now and I can’t think of any other place than right here; reconnecting with my friends in Blogland.

Jean 006

Great weekend; Jean was in a Chef Showdown, a fundraiser for our Eat Local,

Here is a great recipe I  want to share with you. I made mine with a can of frozen lobster from Costco. This fantastic recipe is for 2, but can easily be doubled, tripled to serve to your friends and family.

lobster newburg

Lobster Newburg Pot Pie

  • 2 lobster tails, cooked
  • 10 large shrimp, cut in half
  • 2 cups potatoes, cubed
  • 1/2 cup carrots, cubed
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 onions, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 2 tablespoons dry sherry
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup frozen green peas (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
  • 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
  • salt and pepper
  • 10 slices frozen phyllo dough, thawed
  • 1 teaspoon melted butter

Directions

  1. Cut up lobster meat.
  2. Cook potatoes and carrots in a bit of water in the microwave.
  3. Drain and save the water.
  4. In a saucepan melt butter; sweat onions and garlic; add shrimps.
  5. Whisk in flour and cook 4 minutes.
  6. Deglaze pan with sherry and whisk in reserve vegetable broth and chicken broth.
  7. Stir in peas and cream.
  8. Remove from heat and add lobster, lemon juice, cooked vegetables, chives, tarragon, Old Bay.
  9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  10. Transfer filling to a dish and top with Phyllo dough one slice at a time; brush on melted butter.
  11. Place pot pie on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
  12. Before baking you can refrigerate it and bake it later.

Print Lobster Pot Pie here

Kitchen-Hints_thumb1

Sage’s Tips

Allow Phyllo dough to thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using. Phyllo may be rolled and refrozen till next time you need it.

Finding my way back to my favourite blogs. Hope you find your way back to Sage Cuisine.     

Rita                     

Jean 029

34 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Rita! I missed you. Perfect time to come back, and you have shared a wonderful recipe. I need to get some of that Costco lobster!! (((hugs))) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita,

    Welcome back! A little re-charge is always good :D

    Now I can see that you are all powered up to cook this beautiful lobster pie... Yum!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, I am so thrilled to see you are BACK!! I have missed you. I have slacked off some myself, on blogging, but will be back in full force next week. Hugs to you. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you back posting again, Rita! We are fairly new Costco members (since the closest location isn't very close) so I haven't found the lobster yet but, wow, I'm going to look for it next time so I can try this recipe. It sounds absolutely delicious!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon retour Rita:))

    Ta casserole est tellement invitante, ça tombe dans mes goûts!

    Bon mercredi:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back, Rita!!! Looking forward to seeing what you're cooking up for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really happy to see you back.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Rita!!!

    I'm smiling to myself as I think about what you wrote, Rita. Yes, stepping away sometimes is best. As you know, I too have "retired" from the blogosphere. I thought very carefully about my decision and yet, there were a few things I neglected, connection! I to am thinking about returning but I think I will wait for the new year because I've been working on a couple of projects I'd like to finish:)

    Thank you so much for sharing such a tasty recipe, I have had such a craving for lobster but never thought to buy it from Costco. And thank you so much for your encouraging words on my blog. Welcome back AND Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great surprise, Rita! Welcome back! I need to look for lobster on my next trip to Costco.
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Rita! I've just come back from a break myself- a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. The lobster looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back Rita! Your voice was missed and your tasty creations. Love the photo with Jean. Lobster, oh yeah, way to make an entrance. Glad you decided to write again.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo:-)
    I am happy to see you again.
    Stay:-)
    I have wondered about the Costco lobster..
    I will try it..thank you for the recipe..and cute photos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rita! Welcome back!
    So glad to see you back in blogging action! :)
    Your pot pie looks delicious! I have never attempted using Phyllo before, though I have one in the freezer for months!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rita dear welcome back! I think bloggers we are like addicts. We say that we will stop doing it and then after a while we return back to blogging. It is so good to have you back again and what a delightful pie you have treated us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rita! Welcome back to blogging. I haven't seen frozen lobster at my Costco. I'll have to look for it. That would be a real luxury for us because it is hard to find here in the Pacific NW (at a price I can afford anyway). This recipe looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back Rita! We are still here.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back Rita. It is good to see your friendly comments again. You were missed. Will check my Costco for that lobster. The pot pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to see you back again! A real bright spot in my day for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rita, Rita…I was just thinking about you the other day. What a grand way to come back with a great recipe. Lobster – I am on board. Welcome back, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back! I'm so happy to see that you're blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Sage,
    Nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rita!!!! How great to hear from you!!! I realized some months ago that I hadn't heard from you and checked for your blog, I thought I got a message that it wasn't there. I was quite worried, nice to know that you were just taking a break.

    Welcome Back !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great to have you back missed you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome back Rita! How sweet to see you again in the blogland, I missed you! Great recipe and I look forward to see the next post.
    Hugs,Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a delicious way to get back to blogging! I'm so glad you are back, Rita. I've missed you and look forward to catching up.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome back, Rita! So nice to see you again. I agree that we all need a break from blogging (or life!) sometimes to relax and recharge. I'm just glad you didn't make it a permanent one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been on a little break during a busy summer myself. Welcome back and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Welcome back! I hope you are well! What a magnificent creature this lobster newburg pot pie is! Super delicious and so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Im happy you come back Rita I missed you! welcome again!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. {{{{ RITA }}}}...big hug...
    Great to see you back, girl...I missed you a lot.
    Glad things are where you want to blog again. That's great..
    YAY......:)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rita, I had no idea you were back. A couple of months ago I visited, hoping so. I am so thrilled. It's really funny. I know I followed you, but somehow your blog disappeared from my list. I've taken care of that and am following. Thank you for leaving comments saying so, other wise I would have never known. Remember I'm a blonde...

    Welcome back! You've been missed.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.