Sometimes you need a meal that makes you feel good all over. Whatever the reason, whatever the occasion, a bowl of this mac and cheese will always spell comfort. This is a dish to fill you up and satisfy you down to your toes, no matter how old you happen to be. How do you like your mac n' cheese?
This recipe is Seriously. Creamy, cheesy, straightforward, ooey, gooey –with little pockets of melted cheese throughout. Depending on different cheeses you chose, mine was quite healthy as well.
Most Macaroni and cheese recipe make a big batch, but this one is perfect for 2 or for 1 hungry person. Of course it can easily be doubled or tripled; it is so easy to make and the best; I have quite a few followers of will be happy to find a smaller version of this perfect comfort food.
Creamy Macaroni & Cheese for 2
- 11/2cups macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter or Becel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 11/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Mozzarella- cheddar mix cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or Harissa
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the milk in the microwave, on high for 1-1/2 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add salt, pepper and chopped onions. Sauté on medium heat, until the onion is transparent and soft, but not brown.
- Sprinkle the flour on top, and allow the butter to absorb some of it before stirring.
- Add the hot milk in 3 additions, stirring constantly. The mixture will get thick very quickly.
- After the final addition of milk, continue heating the mixture, on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated cheese, and red pepper flakes or Harissa.
- Add the drained pasta and mix well. Spoon into sprayed pan and sit under broiler for a few minutes.
- Get ready to enjoy a feast for you taste buds or make in the morning and reheat at dinner time.
I am sure your favorite cheeses would work very well, I actually used low fat shredded cheese and Becel.
I used my ramekins, but this would be so nice served in onions soup bowls. with steamed vegetables or a simple salad on the side.
Thank for your visit and taking time to comment. Is Mac and Cheese popular at your place?