Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pork and Apples

Jan23crocktenderloin005

While searching for a recipe for my slow cooker, I came across this meal.  Pork and apples are a perfect match; try it and your taste bud will thank you. 

Do you  ever spend time surfing on the web looking for recipe and all of a sudden you arrive at a blog and find exactly what you were looking for?

This is how I found my recipe. I did make a few changes cause that’s what I do. Here is Elle We Can Begin to Feed

It seems I am on a pattern lately; presenting recipes that are perfect for 2 and leftovers for lunch. I have a small slow cooker/crockpot that I use regularly.

slow cooker pork 001

Pork Tenderloin and Apples

Ingredients:

1 pork tenderloin
2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
1/4 cup applesauce
2 onions diced
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste

 

Directions:

Trim excess fat from the pork and slice in 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Mix together applesauce, garlic, brown sugar,chicken broth and balsamic vinegar.
Spray inside of crockpot.
Place pork slices in the bottom of the crockpot.
Top with remaining ingredients, mixing to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Remove pork from Slow Cooker and spoon on the caramelized onions.

Print Recipe here

Sage's Tips

Sage’s Tip

I did add potato halves and carrots the last 2 hours; a perfect one pot meal.

Thank you for joining me this week. Do you enjoy your Sow Cooker/Crockpot as much as I do?

Happy Cooking!

Rita

26 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! I do love pork and apples, its one of those combos that you're like 'huh?!...this tastes delicious!' Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I have never tried pork and apples this way, except in Chinese soups! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!
    Pork and apples are a perfect match...petite..one of my fave meals my mom made was a pan cooked pork chop with bone and apple sauce:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious, and I love recipes for two! I usually dine solo but occasionally invite a friend over to share. I enjoy my slow cookers, I have a small one and a larger one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a small slow cooker and am happy to have this delicious recipe. So many are for the larger cooker and leave too many leftovers for the two of us.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right Rita, pork with apples is really a perfect match! It is common to cook pork meat in this way in the north of Italy too.
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for a pre-Christmas week dinner. Love apples and pork together too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow cookers rock. They are such time savers and look at the beautiful meals you can make. Lovely roast, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right Rita! Pork and apples match perfectly and this one pot meal looks the right thing for the cold winter days we are having here!Just the perfect meal for a hungry family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Rita! I was just trying to figure out what to fix for dinner. The wind is howling and snow is on the way with it. Pork and apples will be a perfect dinner. Instead of a crockpot, I am going to follow your recipe but with cubed pork and will simmer it on the wood cook stove. The cook stove keeps the cold away and cooks dinner for us, too! It was my husband's grandparents stove and we love having it and thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Rita! I am so glad you liked the recipe - it is easy and so tasty.

    Thanks for letting me know you posted and for sharing it with me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'est toujours bon ce genre de petit plat!

    Bonne soirée:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful plate of comfort food, this is a combination of flavors that takes me back to my childhood as it is similar to one of my mother's favorite ways to prepare a pork tenderloin which was for the most part reserved for a special dinner-thanks for sharing your recipe;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Rita,
    I love pork with apple. I often cook aple chops with caramelised apples,so good.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks delicious. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice combo :-) have a wonderful weekend and merry christmas hope you get to see all your family so pleased you came back blogging

    ReplyDelete
  18. test post from blogger help forum

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a wonderful Christmas season Rita. Enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a wonderful combination, Rita! We have friends who always would serve roasted pork with homemade applesauce and mashed potatoes on New Years' Day for good luck :)

    Have a very, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Slow Cookers/Crock Pots are the best! Yum, your dinner looks so good, Rita. Merry Christmas to you & your family!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Rita,
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Wish you A Blessed and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Rita!!! Pork and Apples what a marriage:) Been thinking about you and just wanted to pop by to wish you a Happy Holiday Season.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Rita,
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.